These holidays will be the first time that our Year 7 and 8 students are allowed to take their netbooks home. Fortunately, they were also given two books today as part of the Duffy Programme.
The aim of this is to:
- Provide something for students who are bored in their holidays.
- Hopefully maintain a level of thinking so the return back is not such a shock!
- See the level of Learn, Create, Share maintained in the holiday break.
- Keep students reading!
I will be interested to see:
- Which students choose to take part in these activities.
- If this will have an impact on their attitudes towards, and outcomes of, assessments starting in the first week back!
- What types of texts students are reading for enjoyment.
- What I can change/improve from this time around, for the longer holidays coming up at the end of the year.
What strategies have you tried to keep students learning throughout their holidays?